Call for a legal advisor to be included in the project "Response to the socio-economic effects of KOVID-19 by supporting vulnerable groups of low-paid workers, workers who are part of the informal economy and temporary workers"
Association for rural development LAG Agro Lider, for successful implementation of activities in the project "Response to the socio-economic effects of KOVID-19 by supporting vulnerable groups of low-paid workers, workers who are part of the informal economy and temporary workers" ”Supported by the Open Society Foundation - Macedonia announces a call for hiring one (1) legal advisor.
The main goal of the project is to strengthen the social and economic situation of women in rural areas by building economically sustainable agricultural farms and local capacities, establishing access to advisory support and creating public policies for legal equality.
Tasks and responsibilities of the hired advisor:
- The legal advisor will be involved in providing free legal aid to women in rural areas in terms of access to social protection and agricultural rights, with an engagement of 6 working hours per week for a period of 12 months in the office of the Local Action Group AGRO LIDER in Prilep, with included visits to the rural areas in the Pelagonija Region.
- The advisor will be in charge of giving advice to women from rural areas, women engaged in agriculture, or business entities in rural areas.
- Establish communication with competent institutions to provide full informational and advisory support
This engagement aims towards establishing legal aid and advisory support for women from rural areas and/or women involved in an agricultural activity or rural economic development, through continuous availability of information on how to perform agricultural activity or activities within rural development, facilitation, and the benefits offered by the state in normal and crisis conditions, but also information on the connection of employment rights in the context of performing an agricultural activity.
Conditions to be met/required by the candidate:
- Graduated in law with a university degree;
- Previous experience in providing legal aid and services;
- Minimum 1 (one) year of work experience;
- Knowledge of legal documents for providing legal aid for access to social protection rights and agricultural rights
- Willingness to work in rural areas in the Pelagonija region;
- Good communication and organizational skills.
The selected advisor will be hired for 10 months starting from September 1st, 2020 to June 30th, 2021 and for the engagement a financial compensation of 100 dollars per month (in denar counter value) is provided, with a project work contract
Interested candidates are required to submit a short biography (CV) and diploma for completed education, no later than August 24, 2020 at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at the address st. Gjorgji Dimitrov 51, Prilep with the designation "Application for a legal advisor".
The procedure for the selection of a candidate will be performed by the project team from LAG AGRO LIDER, which will make the selection no later than 28.08.2020
You can send all questions about the call to the same e-mail address.